The course outlined below is available to those working for any organisation in Slough that looks after children. If you are interested in attending, and are eligible, then you will find out how to apply at the bottom of this page.
The aim of this training is to increase knowledge and awareness of how to effectively respond when a child or young person makes an allegation of harm or abuse against a member of staff or volunteer. It is intended for all Senior Designated Officers, CP Designated Teachers, managers, supervisors of staff, carers and volunteers who work with children and young people. You must have completed the Multi-Agency Targeted Safeguarding Children course within the last three years.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand the procedures governing the managing of allegations against staff, carers and volunteers as outlined in the Berkshire Child Protection Procedures
- Understand the processes in responding to and investigating when allegations have been made against a member of staff or volunteer
- Know what to do and what happens if you think a member of staff, carer or volunteer has harmed or may harm a child or is unsuitable to be working with children
- Understand the role of the Named Senior Officer and Local Authority Designated Officer (LADO) and when to involve them
- Be proficient in dealing with allegations and engaging with local statutory agencies during the allegation process.
The cost of the course is £20 per delegate for non-SCST staff.
The dates, times and venues for the next courses are:
Wednesday, 16 October, 2019 | 10am-12pm | St Martins Place
Wednesday, 19 February, 2020 | 10am-12pm | St Martins Place
Wednesday, 24 June, 2020 | 10am-12pm | St Martins Place
Wednesday, 14 October, 2020 | 10am-12pm | St Martins Place
For all courses you must register to book your place. Please email email@example.com to request a booking form.