Slough Children First is an exciting place to be. We’re on a journey to improve services to vulnerable children and their families in Slough and we’re getting there. We want to be the best and we’re looking for people with the skills, drive, energy and ambition to help us get there!
Here are some of the reasons our existing staff love working here:
- Our Employee Engagement Group ensures the voice of our colleagues can be heard
- Our Employee Assistance Programme ensures you have access to support and advice whenever you need it
- We offer a great relocation package if you’re having to move to work in Slough
- We pay a market supplement of up to £5,600 for frontline social workers, depending on role
- We off a retention reward of £1,000 after 18 months (SW, SSW/CP, ATM and TM roles)
- We are part of the Tusker personal car lease scheme
- All our staff have access to the Blue Light Card offering discounts at hundreds of high street and online stores
- We offer use of pool cars so you can use public transport, cycle or car share to work and still drive to local appointments.
- We offer season ticket loans to reduce the cost of public transport
- We offer clear career pathways
- We run a staff recognition scheme to acknowledge and reward the great work of our colleagues
- We offer excellent training and development opportunities
- We offer agile working supported by technology
- We offer flexible working to help support your work/life balance
Are you looking for a role that allows you to work in a less traditional, more forward-thinking and innovative way? Are you passionate about making a positive and lasting difference to children and young people?
If you like to think outside the box and work in an agile way, these are the qualities that make Slough Children First an employer of choice.
“I continue to be excited about Slough Children First’s improvement plans and working for an organisation where good outcomes for children are our focus.”
“It feels like home – support, supervision, access to training and career progression are second to none.”
“The innovative changes taking place in Slough and redefining and redesigning the services offered to children and young people.”
“This is an exciting place to work. We continue to learn and grow and our accessible senior management team massively helps this process.”
Slough is one of the most diverse places in the country outside of London and a great place to live or work. In fact it’s the best place to live or work according to a survey by Glassdoor. Pleasant environments, above average salaries and a lower cost of living, mean an increased quality of life for employees. We’re also one of the most accessible places to be, nestled on the corner of the M25, M4 and M40, and less than 20 minutes by train to Central London.
If you’re looking for a new challenge and want to be part of an exciting journey to turn children’s services around in Slough then come and join us.
Find out what roles are available and how to apply by visiting our vacancies page.