We want to recruit the best people to work for Slough Children’s Services Trust, but we understand that applying for roles and going through the interview process can be a daunting experience.
On this page we have tried to provide some helpful information on how to apply, from writing your CV and cover letter to preparing for the interview.
- Community Care: Free resources to help social work jobseekers
- Community Care: Tips for applying and interviewing for your first social work manager position
CV writing tips
- Community Care: CV template for social workers
- Community Care: 5 tips for writing your social work CV
- Monster: Checklist on what to include in a CV
- Guardian: Make your CV memorable
- Total Jobs: Get your CV in order
Cover letter writing tips
- Monster: Guide to writing a cover letter successfully
- Guardian: Covering letter tips – expert advice for graduates
- Jobs.ac.uk: Top ten tips for writing cover letters
- Five questions to ask in a job interview to determine the quality of social work management
- Community Care: Preparing for a social work interview: researching the organisation and panel
- Sanctuary Social Care: The psychological tricks that could help you nail your next social work interview!
- Community Care: Job interview tips for social work students
- Monster: How to prepare for an interview
- Guardian: Where do you start when researching for an interview?
- Total Jobs: Common interview questions
If you do apply for a role at the Trust then good luck with your application. We will aim to get back to you as soon as possible after the closing date for that role.